Monday, August 5, 2024

ToyMuchInformation - Of Course, My Deer

 Penny's Box just keeps saying "hold my beer".  What will it be next, Fu dogs?  That would be pretty awesome though.  Anyway...

I spotted these on amazon not long ago while cleaning out my wishlist.  Sigh.  I have no regrets, though.  I was thinking at first they were bipedal like fauns, until another reviewer on Youtube posted a Short and mentioned they're centaurs.  So then I started wondering if they were Kirin.  Nope; they're deerNine-Colored Deer, to be precise (?).  This was a myth I'm not familiar with.  Google Translate seems to have pulled a semi-Babelfish moment on trying to translate the box...


 


I went looking for some other details, because what Google had given me seemed egregiously Engrishy.  That search turned up this Twitter post (I refuse to call it X).


Better, but that seems more like a whole storyline.  Still, pretty good.  This implies that Antu is/are an individual character/s with some agency.  As it turns out, that is in fact true.  I went down a rabbit hole, lol.  Antu is in fact a standalone character.  She's based on a resin doll released by Penny's Box's parent company, DollZone.  Adou is a different situation, being entirely original (except the dragons series apparently added a female variant).  I still want one from the Little Witch/Little Painter line - Dream specifically.  Not today, but maybe someday.

So yeah, all this time I'd been thinking these were some street-artist or manga artist collaboration. Today we all learned a thing.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯






I got Shu Zhi!  Honestly, with this series there can't be disappointment - they all look amazing.  No complaints here. Kikagoods has a much better translation of what's on the back of her character card. This time I went looking for the meaning behind the name, and found...varied results, lol.  I tried matching the characters to what was on the box and had no luck.  Behind the Name helped out with something that sounds like it matches the character blurb, though.  I don't think those characters match either, but I'm willing to stop here, to be honest.

She comes with some extra hands as per standard, jewelry, and a lovely two-piece gauzy outfit that falls in line with the things you usually see East Asian fairies depicted in (in my experience, Chinese and Korean, specifically).  The top has a snap and the skirt velcros at the waist.  The little scarf/sash is wired to be poseable.



The usual insert appears, showing the characters, the details, other lines available, how to change heads and hands and all those other goodies.  I'm realizing the first-page pictures, where you can see Adou there in the middle, are probably pointers on which lines you can most easily swap heads and clothing pieces between.  I did not bother trying to Gtranslate this as it likely would have instead managed to tell me how to summon Cthulhu.  Hang on a second..... that's not the worst idea I've heard this year...

major Fantasia centaurette vibes


Excuse you.

Out of the box, she has the same joints as Neon, just on a slightly larger scale.  Her knees (I got a huge laugh out of the fact that the official art depicts a deer-taur with human knees on its front legs, by the way) and hocks are both double jointed, but can be fiddly and could definitely use some sueding.  All of my elastic kids need it, tbh.  I didn't check to see if her tail is removable like Neon's is - it was attached in the box and I'm leaving it that way if at all possible.  As with Neon, Shu Zhi's hooves are also somewhat poseable, though this doesn't accomplish much.  I feel like a joint at the fetlock (basically the ankle, for the non-horse-girls possibly reading this) would have been better, but eh.  It works!

Her facial screening is great, even among the Antus I have, and mine may have her eyechips out of alignment, because she doesn't look quite like the promo photos.  But I do love how her entire expression changes based on the angle.  As usual there isn't any body blushing, but she does have a lot of molded fur detail.

P̴̧̟͉̩̊̍̑̀̇́͗́̍͐̉͗͘A̷̢̡͍̗͎͍̎T̸͔̖͍̼͚̙̪͔̘̈́̀̀̇H̷̻̟͚̱̙̤̙̗̪̿͌̋̑̍͛͑́̓͆̌̕͝E̷̡̧̼̣͙̰͈̓̅T̸̢̨͕͙͇̝̬͉̹̼̥̖̳̗̈́̌̇͛̉͒I̴̗̭͍͖̒̍̋̾͗̊C̶̪͜͝


I had to guess on the jewelry based on her pictures, but it should be on right.  The large cuff is on her driver's side foreleg, which you can't see here because the skirt is very voluminous for its size.  Honestly, the quality of the clothing impressed me.

Qing Yao (Adou Loong Fantasia) vs Shu Zhi (Antu Silk Road Souvenir)

Shimmer (Antu Tidal Secret Language) vs Shu Zhi (Antu Silk Road Souvenir)

Neon (Antu Dreamlike Tea Party) vs Shu Zhi (Antu Silk Road Souvenir)

Shu Zhi is about the same height as Shimmer, actually, although I had her posed sitting in that photo.  She's not too much taller than Neon (it's mostly legs tbh).  Overall, I feel like she's most comparable in proportions to Shimmer and Yao.  Poor Neon fits in the chibi category pretty firmly.  At least she can share with the Nendos.  With a basic pattern for Shu Zhi's outfit at the right size and a little floral wire for more scarves, you could fairy out your entire crew if you wanted!

...I just realized her necklace is in the wrong position in every single one of these last three photos.  FFS.

No comments:

Post a Comment