Tuesday, June 27, 2023

ToyMuchInformation! - Horse Girl

On that Penny's Box bandwagon.  This is one of the ones I haven't seen anyone reviewing, so here we go.  And yes, I know she's a centaur.  The post title is a joke =p

Amazon likes to suggest me things, and they've been sneaky lately when it comes to ads.  They conspired with Webtoon to make me fatfinger an ad, and I landed on some of the Antu dolls.  As of right now, I think the only example of one of theirs I don't have is an Adou.  The listing for the Dreamlike Party series has changed since I bought mine - you can now get the one you want instead of going full blind box.  Note that you can't specify one of the "secret" characters, though.

I got mine prior to this and was actually pretty delighted to get miss Neon here.


You can see the specs on these on the Amazon listing, but it's another thing to encounter in person.  The only blushing is on the face and hair, though she does have some molded furry bits on her legs.  The entire doll is elastic-strung, which tends to leave her a little on the fiddly side.  She doesn't hold poses as well as I'd like, and since her tail is on a ball-and-peg joint, it likes to fall out at random.  Another buyer has a solution for that, though.  She does come with extra hands (one is seen above, holding the required teacup) and like all the Antu dolls, has a character-art card that I can't read as I do not into Moonrune.

everything that comes apart, minus the extra pair of hands.

that belly joint does nothing, just FYI.

Being an Antu doll, she can share clothes and heads with most of the rest of their dolls.  Case in point here is the head from Tanghulu (Food Shop series).  This was a bit of a pain to do, since the neck joint plate on Tanghulu is smaller, but I got it in the end.  I don't think I'll be doing it again, though.


Re-ment treats and tray, a Lady Doolli shirt (one of the few with velcro), and you can't see it but I squeezed Mae Tallick's skirt on her as well.


She can also wear Nendoroid tops, although I had to clip the back seam on this sailor suit at the bottom.


Unfortunately, Nendo heads are a complete no-go, partly due to the difference in attachment styles (Nendoroid heads are on pegs), and partly due to the vast differences in faceplate/hair piece size and style.  Kind of a shame, because Neon and Miku look very cute wearing each other's hair.

Neon's adorable on her own though, and I'm way too tempted to go get another one of her series.  I should sit on my hands, I guess...

No comments:

Post a Comment