Tuesday, August 1, 2023

ToyMuchInformation! - Girls of Summer

Technically part 2 of the first July post.

I bet you thought I died.  Or gave up.  Not so.  What happened was I caught COVID for my birthday.  It took them three years and a lot of trial and error, but they finally developed a strain that could catch me...and didn't even give it a name!  Not gonna lie, I'm a little disappointed.

But I digress.

Rawr Babe (Leo) from series 2 and Jubilee (July) from series 1

Some July-specific LOL ladies.  Both of them are from the Present Surprise line.  I don't go much for the regular LOLs outside of a select few and sticking to a theme or ones I find particularly clever.  They're kind of like Funkos in their own way.



FursuitCutie Reveal Barbie - Cozy Cute Tees series (the latest one) Lion.  Because Leo, geddit?  That cocky smile and the dimples are definitely out of the Barbie norm.  I put her on a MtM body because she deserves one.  She'll be getting a better onesie eventually.  I also have the Snowflake Sparkle deer doll who'll be getting similar upgrades.


Now for ladies who share my birthday - here we have a 1978 Mego Candi in pretty fab condition.  Namely that her face isn't spooky faded.  Her arms are a little gungy and her hair's absolutely spent, but I like her.  This one came in a two-piece baby doll ensemble, but here she's wearing some 1:3 scale cozy clothes (Proudoll on Amazon) and a B Kind bucket hat.  Considering she's the same age I am she's wearing all of it quite well.  It's also neat to see the square-jawed face that was popular at the time in doll form for a change :)

Currently chilling on the couch with Franco (OG) and Paola (My Twinn).

This is one I knocked off my bucket list for my birthday this year.  Mom would never allow me to have a Kid when I was young (and she's likely powering Vegas right now having witnessed this).  We went to Babyland General for this treat and spent the day there and in the original location (it's an antique store now but they kept the water feature).  The boys don't come with yarn hair anymore, so I picked out this little girl because she reminds me of another childhood doll I've been on a casual and fruitless hunt for for years.  We got her some extra clothes and shoes as well.

I didn't go full experience and do the birthing event - I witnessed that as a kid on a Girl Scout trip and found it both bizarre and a little traumatizing at the time.  It's still trippy to think back on.  It is fun seeing the kids at the store in present day picking out and receiving their little friends, though.  CPK was American Girl before those got big, and I have to respect that even with all the controversy.

Martine here is plenty cuddly and I appreciate her smile.



Sim got another new body during my hunt for one that would fit the Sindy head I got a while back.  I think this will be her final one.  More importantly, Sim also got a mini-me.  Same head construction, just on the smallest size of BG box, and this one's on one of those articulated dollar store KellyChelsea knockoffs I found at 5 Below.  Mini!Sim was made in a hurry and in between bouts of attempting and failing to sit through an entire work shift (COVID...), so her clothes are a bit on the quick and dirty side.  She got carved down Chelsea shoes instead of handmade slippers like the full sized Sim has, and all the "sewing" was accomplished with fabric hot glue.  I know, shame on me and my cow...

I think I'll make the 24-inch deluxe Sim next year's project XD

No comments:

Post a Comment