Thursday, July 27, 2017

Project Kitbash - AMIIBO







HAPPY BIRTHDAY to @aneecupcake! :D


This is my first attempt at amiibo customs, so…it’s a little rough.  Combination of inexperience, rushing a little, and too much PVA in the liquid lace, but I feel like Biscuit here turned out pretty well, all things considered.




For the curious, here’s a general idea of where the attachment points on the basic inkling amiibos are – the boy’s arms are also attached separately where his short sleeves end.  The Splatterpro reconfigures pretty neatly into a Splatterscope.  Unfortunately I couldn’t see any way to take the ink tanks apart, so I had to paint over the outside and put a coat of super-gloss over that instead =p




Minimal model magic usage here, just in the front of his tentacles and the scope itself.  Pretty much everything else was layers of liquid lace in varying thicknesses.  Both are sandable when dry, though I think next time I’ll remove both hands and attach those and the weapon separately at the end to make everything else more accessible and easier to detail. Barrel of the charger is a trimmed down toothpick, and the end of it and the center bit of the scope are some beads I had stashed away.

No comments:

Post a Comment