Tuesday, June 13, 2023

ToyMuchInformation! - Lady Doolli

So, late last year I came across this listing on Hamazon.  This was before blind-box dolls became the Big Thing, and the price for these was fairly low at the time.  I have no self control sometimes, so I bought the whole case and all the clothes, and let a friend unbox them vicariously with me via Discord.

"2022 Spring" gives me hopes for future fashion installments.

The boxes are pretty sturdy, actually, much like the dolls inside them.  The clothing set case in particular was very cute on the inside - the clothes come in little cardboard boxes vaguely shaped like garment bags and inside their case resemble a filled closet.

They do all have the same face, with very simple faceups, and if you check the pictures on the Amazon listing, you'll understand when I say they're cute alone, but just a little overwhelming in a group.  The hair is soft and pretty plentiful on all of them, and they have those large, inset acrylic eyes.  The pupils are all flower-shaped.  Blue is the default eye color, but as with all blind boxes, you have a chance to get a rare doll with brown eyes...which I did.  My twin-tailed blonde girlie has the brown ones.

They're all vinyl, as far as I can tell, except for their joints, but their heads aren't the soft type.  You probably could customize them fairly easily, though.

Obitsu 11cm on the left, Lady Doolli on the right

They're pretty similar in construction to the 11cm Obitsu bodies, but obviously a little taller.  The heads on these dolls are rather large - they have SD/chibi proportions, really.  Luckily, while they do bobble a little, the heads are easy to just pop off and back on...unlike their hands, which each doll comes with two sets of.  Each one has the relaxed pair, and two little I-Love-You hands.  The hands are removable, which is good since their clothes do not have velcro or anything for the most part, but I for one had a devil of a time getting them off and on again.  Bruised up my little piddy fingers, I did!

Blonde-twintails' outfit.

The clothes stop short of amazing, but for their size, they're pretty impressive.  Especially the shoes.  Look at those little treads!  I had no trouble getting the headbands to stay on, but the dolls with barrettes gave me a little trouble due to the smoothness of their hair fibers.


Twintails here almost fits on the moped.  I think it's the size of her head that throws the proportions off, because while the fit's a little on the snug side, she does sit securely enough.  She's cute.

A morning at the baby-goldfish aquarium...

They hold a pose pretty well and it's easy to get them to stand on their own with their shoes on - even the black-haired girl on the left with the heels.  Purse did not come with the clothing set, by the way, it's one I painted just for this purpose.

As for clothes sharing, what I've found so far that they can wear...


...some Snapstars togs - this is Aspen's romper and vest...somewhat baggy...

...please stop looking so concerned...

Pinkie Cooper - in this case the Pinkie In Paris set I believe.  The bodysuit is a smidge snug and the skirt doesn't sit quite perfectly, but the beret is a sure win.  I wouldn't trust them in the basic dresses Pinkie and Co came in, though...

end of lunch t-minus 2 minutes, the aquarium top had to suffice.

Cry Babies BFF clothes.  Dotty's dress, in this case.  It's a little loose, but very cute on her.  I think she's keeping it.


These are the two I'm keeping for myself - the rest are being packed off to a friend or two.  In the months since I stumbled across these, they've since come out with an absolutely fever-dreamish animated advertisement that's popped up on me a few times.  Luckily, while it probably has sound, it's silent for me.  I can only imagine how much of an experience it is when it's audible :'D

No comments:

Post a Comment