Thursday, May 16, 2019

Project Kitbash - LOL Hybrids

 Last week I asked folks on Twitter which LOL repaint I should work on next. The vote was overwhelmingly in favor of Honey Bear – thankfully, because that’s the easiest of the ones I still have to finish.

This is a fun mashup to begin with, actually. That’s The Queen‘s body (Glam Glitter series), wearing one of the outfits from the OOTD set (Jet Set QT is the only one so far who’s remained untouched and in her natural state…she is kinds cute, actually), and the head of Grizz from the Cutie Tooties collection.


Grizz’s original body has little tiny bee wings on it – or maybe they’re fairy wings; it’s hard to tell, given the presence of that unicorn horn. I went with ‘bee’ though, and decided on a bee themed repaint for her. As I pointed out on Insta, Tooties heads will fit on LOL bodies just fine if you widen the neck hole just a little, and they’re easy to pop on and off, as well. The first step was removing the horn (what bee needs a horn, I ask you? Honestly.) and replacing it with a quick and dirty yarn weft that matches the color of her eyes.


Easy peasy bootyful. Now for the rest. Next step was color matching the body. Also easy; just a few coats of metallic gold. Step 2, repainting the outfit – which actually fit and looked better with the paint on it. I thought about adding a nail art flower to the top, but on second inspection realized that would be a bit much. Cut a little pair of bee wings from packaging plastic and Gorilla’d those on, and there we had it.




You know that point where you’re sitting there letting paint dry and you think to yourself ‘Ah, that’s nice, let’s kick back and relax’? Yeah, me either. I happened to have another Tooties/LOL mashup waiting in the wings that I really wasn’t going to do much with, except I looked at her and decided to color match that body as well…and then do some touchups on her outfit.

That’s mostly Your Majesty from the #Hairgoals series, featuring the head of Splash the mercat.

No comments:

Post a Comment