Thursday, December 29, 2016

Stitchwerks - Squidmas 2016 Part 2

I didn't customize this one - Andy made her himself.  I think she used to be a Catrine.




Goodies sent off to Cupcake – doll sweater/scarf (my favorite use for old socks tbh) and duct-tape backpack, plushies of Blu Bell and Cece, a little plush mini!Cupcake, and the crowning glory…Parka Pal Boo hand puppet.



Parka Pal Boo was the second biggest experimental thing I tried this year!  I’ve never tried hand puppets before, but this pattern was a blast to work with.  Unfortunately, because I freehanded his tentacles, there wasn’t any room left for actual eyebrows, so in that regard he’s not as accurate to the original art as he could have been :’D


I know I say this about almost every new art hack or technique I find, but learning to make my own fabric paint really did open up a whole new world of possibilities, especially when it comes to these plushies I keep making.


I’m especially pleased with how mini!Cupcake came out.  That’s a pattern from scratch.  She’s designed to be a pleasant fit for the hand and a little floppy, though her clothes hold her up well enough that if you balance her just right she can stand on her own.  Making shoes for her was a failure, so she got painted toes instead =p

No comments:

Post a Comment