Thursday, October 22, 2015

Project Kitbash - PUNKIN

 somewhat-nerdy:


We dropped off Mom at the airport today. I am officially without parents and on my own, but it’s been hitting me hard. I was ready to take a nap when I noticed this cutie on my pillow with the banner. SHE’S SO CUTE. @setsu-p made her so she has interchangeable expressions and this was such a nice surprise for me. Thank you so much!!!




This week I kidnapped @somewhat-nerdy‘s punkin (based on her artwork) for a photo shoot =p


She’s a lot more expressive than Sim is (I mean, what with having an actual face, for starters..), though I do wish I could find some alternate hands.  Her base body is a Mirror Beach Maddie – anyone know of decent skin tone matches?  Here again, felt tech is in full effect.  Punkin’s head is a scaled-down version of this pattern, with the striations needle-sculpted in, instead of done with floss as per the instructions.  The leaves and stem were also needlefelted, and the stem is semi-posable since it contains a pipecleaner.


Jeans and tee are both Makies patterns.  Neither fits perfectly; I had to lengthen the legs on the jeans a bit.  The Game Grumps graphic is handpainted.  Plaid shirt is Fashion Doll Stylist again; Ken’s shirt this time.  It’s technically buttonable, though has a tendency to not stay that way =p


The shoes are based on My Froggy Stuff’s dolly sneakers tutorial.  These are ultra-high tops, since I was working around the arched EAH fashion feet.  I’d originally intended to put some heel supports in there for stability and added weight, but they turned out to be unnecessary – the stiffened strips of felt up the back of each shoe do the job just fine.  Punkin stands quite well on her own :)


The belt and (not pictured) knee socks aren’t being used at the moment, though they do exist.  I’m going to have to slap together some casual wear for Sim so I can start replying to all the random pictures of Punkin I keep getting in the appropriate manner XDDD



No comments:

Post a Comment