Tuesday, June 30, 2015

2023 update - I kind of do and kind of don't want to redo Lorna's face.  On the one hand, yes, she does look manic as hell.  I'm one of those weird people who liked her box art.  On the other hand, she's cuter and less vacant this way than her stock faceup.  Maybe just lowering the upper lash line would do the trick.  Her hair's gone gluey in the years since, and I do want to detail her stock accessories.



she has a fantastic sculpt.

postwork covers a multitude of sins.





Tweakage on Lorna, because she’s too stupendously adorable to leave with that vapid stare she came with. I wanted her to have more of the look that’s on her box art, and I’m pretty happy with the result. I think from here on I’ll stick with the toony style and leave the super realism to those who do it so well.

Teeth were added with liquid lace, just because I’m personally not fond of the painted-on fangs. And y’know, MOAR TARTAN, because let’s be real, she JUST DIDN’T HAVE ENOUGH. And a properly sized tam – her stock one is cute, but it’s more of a fascinator. Maybe I’ll make it one, one of these days. I went over her eyes with Mod Podge hi-gloss a few times.

The dress is via yldenfrei’s no-pattern circle dress tutorial (thank you for this!!). It worked really well, but be warned it doesn’t account for dolls with torsos as wide as a human thumb, so for MH you’ll have to take in a lot. Or at least I did, because I wanted to be able to use Lorna’s stock belt. This is rough for a first attempt; I promise I’ll get better! Also socks with flashes, and some short little bloomers you can’t see here. The knit fabric I used for the socks leaves her shoes a little tight, but they still go on and off fairly easily.


Sad Scotsman approves. At least I had him and his horse on hand, since I haven’t been able to stop and steal any roadside thistles yet :’D

No comments:

Post a Comment