Tuesday, September 10, 2024

ToyMuchInformation! - Ramen Redux

 Forgive any typos I don't catch; my day got derailed somewhat around lunch time when I tried to make potato chips and nearly made a thumb chip to go with them.  I have to give the nurse who bandaged it credit.  He hit that comfortable middle ground between mom offering to kiss it and make it better and dad telling me to just walk it off, lol.  It's fine, by the way - just heavily swaddled right now, which makes laptop keyboards awkward.


ANYWAY.


I decided to experiment with miss Rory from last week.  Turns out, the Cup O' Style dolls fit directl into that niche we all hate to see...they fit nothing else.  Well, she may have more options than what's in my small-dolls clothing hoard, but I tried what seemed like the closest match - Hairdorables - and that was actually too large for her.


Willow's pool coverup barely hangs in there.  Rory's head is even a little too small to fill the hood out.  The feet are too long for Itty Bitty Pretties shoes and both too long and too wide for Hairdorables.  Whilst I was out getting something for Rory, I decided to put that list of codes to the test and also picked up Whitney Wasabi.


She's super high contrast.  Also, the thing in the instructions that's supposed to be a parasol is actually the red plastic bit that's right under the peel-off top of the cup.  Now I know!


Not gonna lie, most of the reason I went back for Whitney is because I also have several Sara Sushi dolls.  Us same-name girlies gotta stick together.  And I like sushi, so it's a natural conclusion.

If you recall, I was comparing the Cup O' Style dolls to Shoppies last week.  They're definitely shorter and more petite all around, though the feet are more or less molded the same.  Cup hands take after Hairdorables, though.


One stop at Five Below and what I deeply hope is the last Zoe doll I will ever, ever have to buy, and then I had to get out the Dremel.  The big boy, the one that plugs into the wall.  Cup heads are hard vinyl and have very small neck holes.


It's not the world's most perfect skin tone match, but with clothes on you don't notice too much.  Rory's head is almost the same size as Zoe's, and since Zoe is a KellyChelsea knockoff, the horizon of fashion has widened exponentially.  So here she is wearing something that might look better on Whitney.  Zoe shoes, I think those are Dollar Tree KellyChelsea knockoff fashion pack pants, a Snapstars jacket, and there's a Hairdorables shirt underneath it all.  Welcome to the hybrid club, Rory :'D

Zoe feet fit their own shoes, Chelsea ones (a little loose), and Hairdorables (a little tight), in case anyone wondered.

No comments:

Post a Comment