Friday, February 9, 2024

Work-Related Project #2

 I have been making something of an investment into the MGA Miniverse kits.  The Series 2 ones are fun in that while you get a ton of the collector/recipe guides, those have little graphic pictures on the blank sections.  I noticed most of those would make for neat little doll sized posters.

One of the bosses at work has a mild obsession with cows, so I offered to send her one of these little posters just for funsies.


Cut the image section out of the collector guide, then trace around it to cut a matching piece of cardboard (a background from a Barbie fashion pack I think), and then a slightly larger piece of acetate.  I wanted this to look like the basic poster frames you can get at the big box store, so I thought of coffee stirs right off for the frame pieces.  Getting the angles right was kind of a hassle, but once they're cut, then flattened a little and slit down one side, they slide on just like the real thing...and are just as annoying, lol.



This one's reversible because of the backing I picked out.


Then I decided to go one better and make a one-day makeover out of one of the not!Chelseas from Five Below.  It's an objecthead based off said boss's custom Bitmoji character.



The milk carton head is fabricated from yet another Boxy Girls box.  I'm not sure how the recipient really feels about this, but I had fun doing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment